This is a blog dedicated to ALL who ride. NimrodsRacing is a local "condition" that is rapidly spreading into a "pandemic"! We are cyclists, some fast, some well-balanced, some (like me) slightly off kilter, pro, cat 5, enthusiasts, and newbies. We cheer for the underdog! We welcome challenges and laugh at adversity. We race because friendship and camaraderie grow through the sweat and struggles placed before us - just kidding, WE ARE NIMRODS!

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Speed Weapon!

During a recent pilgrimage to the OC I came across a man considering altering a perfect bicycle. I approached him and offered huge bank for the bicycle in its "as is" condition. There was confusion in the gentleman's eyes and he countered my offer with a higher number. To his lunge I parried with a direct blow to the middle ground and the deal was set. My new love, a serious endurance strength building rig that would surely catapult me into the stratosphere of cyclings speed and power elite! I shared this beauty with my pal, Tim, at Crankbrothers, he was dumbfounded, befuddled, mesmerized and left in stitches laughing at my new love....he did ask to ride it, though:

No comments: