This is a blog dedicated to ALL who ride. NimrodsRacing is a local "condition" that is rapidly spreading into a "pandemic"! We are cyclists, some fast, some well-balanced, some (like me) slightly off kilter, pro, cat 5, enthusiasts, and newbies. We cheer for the underdog! We welcome challenges and laugh at adversity. We race because friendship and camaraderie grow through the sweat and struggles placed before us - just kidding, WE ARE NIMRODS!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Great Park Circuit Race Cat 4/5

So yesterday I rolled out to the GPC and thought I was going to roll in the pack and get a nice bit of speed training.....lap 1 and one half - Pop! (and I'm not talking tires!) I suck. I got caught out in the wind and couldn't get back in. Ultimately, I was lapped. No ridicule or heckles...that would be saved for someone worth the breath. So I just rolled around the track and tried to avoid getting caught by my bunch. I was sooo far behind I was ahead of them! They swallowed me up and again, spit me out the back - at this point humiliation would have been a mighty step up the racing ladder, however, I just rolled in, looking down, avoiding the eyes of the spectators that were, of course, looking at me and clapping...everything was in slow motion. (I blame the whooping cough for this stellar performance!)

No comments: