This is a blog dedicated to ALL who ride. NimrodsRacing is a local "condition" that is rapidly spreading into a "pandemic"! We are cyclists, some fast, some well-balanced, some (like me) slightly off kilter, pro, cat 5, enthusiasts, and newbies. We cheer for the underdog! We welcome challenges and laugh at adversity. We race because friendship and camaraderie grow through the sweat and struggles placed before us - just kidding, WE ARE NIMRODS!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fueling

To be an elite athlete you must be completely in tune with your body. Everything you do is purpose driven, there are no half-measures, no "days off". To this end I invite anyone who is interested to look into Hammer Nutrition. They are quite an amazing company. My family was assisted into this world by the mother of Brian Frank -the owner of Hammer Nutrition! (By assisted, I mean my wife's midwife was B.F.'s mother, she caught my kids!) I never knew this until she dropped an issue of the Hammer Nutrition Journal off at my house and told me that her son and former husband started Hammer years ago. I was blown away! Anyhow, I got to go to Whitefish Montana and tour the facility and let me tell you it was beautiful. They have an amazing compound and super modern offices AND a trampoline in the front! Back to fueling...I spent weeks researching the ways to fuel pre-ride, post-ride, on recovery days etc, then my partner in crime showed me how a Nimrod fuels:

Buurrrito anyone??????

No comments: